Friday, June 26, 2009

Tribute to the King of Pop

The Music of Michael Jackson: CDs, DVDs, Books and more! Exp 8/30/09

There will never be another Michael Jackson. The greatest entertainer of all time. He was put on this earth to entertain. The smooth elegance on stage as a kid, a teenager, and an adult clearly points this out.

The past 15 or so years of this icons life were, unfortunately, not so kind. The sex abuse allegations, the plastic surgery, and the myriad reports, mostly false, that were thrown at MJ would be difficult for anyone to handle.

This is a tribute to arguably, the most beloved entertainer of all time. You may or may not agree, but if we put it to a poll, as to who has been the most popular entertainer of the last 50 years, more than likely Mike's name would be at or near the top.

I'll put it in perspective for you. I'm 49 years of age so basically, I grew up with Mike. MJ was and probably will always be my favorite entertainer. I have a 13 and 14 year old who, like most kids their age, just had a rather odd fascination with the King of Pop. I broke the news to my kids yesterday (06/25/09) and my daughter asked me, "are you crying", I replied no. I was not crying at the time but earlier, I did shed a tear or two. I tried to put it in perspective by sharing an analogy, or hypothetical situation with my son and daughter, and here's what was said ... Take your favorite, young entertainer today, let's say, one of the Jonas Brothers, Bow Wow, Usher, Miley Cirus, whomever, start them out at around 8 to 10 years of age. At 10, they are extremely successful; at 10 they are at the top of the charts. From 10 to about 40 years of age they stay at or near the top of the charts. You're about the same age, so when you have your 15th birthday, your favorite entertainer/superstar will be turning 15, or just turned 15 or 16. So you're close in age, right there together, and you watch, in awe, as this brilliant career unfolds. You pray for him when he has difficulties in his life, but you never abandon him beacuse basically, he has become a part of your family. Then, at 50 years of age, after surviving the most difficult time of his life, on the verge of what probably would have been a successful comeback (primarily because of who he is, and the fact that he was starting the tour abroad - less scrutiny) he dies!

Needless to say, and with any due respect to the entertainers out there, there is no one who fits that bill, or who would fit in that scenario. Absolutely, positively, NO ONE. After I came to this realization, I just told my kids, never mind, and went back downstairs to my office and continued my silent tribute to Michael Jackson.

The King of Pop is at Peace! Despite the challenging life he led, I feel the Creator has definitely said to him, WELL DONE .. What a tremendous way to expand the soul.








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Devastating and sad but at least he is at peace now.

taskeinc said...

There will never be another .. a Genius and a very enigmatic individual, to say the least. I really adore the videos when he sang as lead singer of the Jackson 5, what a voice!

Barrie said...

Michael was definitely a Genius, one of a kind spirit that will never be replaced. He touched many hearts and was a inspiration to entertainers, cultures and nations accross the world. Michael will be truly missed.

Anonymous said...

I've been glued to CNN everyday since this tragedy. I listen to the pundits and they say really ridiculous things about MJ. As diehard fans we are somewhat perturbed by this. We pretty much will have to brace ourselves for the next 5-10 years as they fight over his possessions, and the next couple of years they will fight over the kids .. now, apparently Debbie Rowe is saying Mike did not Father her children .. If that is the case, that makes her a scam artist, and that also takes the kids pretty much, out of the picture, as far as being a part of the Will, so her making that statement would be equivalent to "shooting yourself in the foot."

Anyway, the point is, we're true Michael fans so let's not even concern ourselves with all the garbage that will come out ... Let's lift him up, embrace his memory, his legacy and the fact that his music is infinite .. Besides what they say about the King of Pop doesn't bother him anymore ... he's on another plane, in another dimension .. straight CHILLIN'

AquariusMoon said...

I never once believed the child molestation allegations. How could someone so giving, so child-like & who seemed so genuine in wanting to make a difference to the world, stoop to such repulsive acts?

And now, the revolting kid who first accused Michael Jackson has come out & admitted to lying. It's a case of too little, too late. I don't know how he's gonna live with the fact that he ruined a life, especially that of someone so great & who truly wanted to make a difference.

May MJ be in peace now...

Anonymous said...

Since Michael Jackson’s passing, I think of life differently. Michael Jackson is the reason why I love music and why I became an artist. I think I am his ultimate fan lol. Regardless of what the media says, I truly believe he was a great man inside and out. I'm starting to realize that all truly beautiful souls are misunderstood in this world. I feel that MJ epitomized the word ‘love’. I urge everyone to continuously let your friends and family know how much you love and care for them. No one lives forever. Michael showed what a true entertainer is, and how to capture the moment. And his love for humanity was so genuine. I am blessed I was able to be a witness of the MJ generation.

If anyone is in the Wash, DC and MD areas..check out Shy Thoro at the SHowplace Arena. She's a female rapper and there will be a MJ tribute in her performance.

Post a Comment